Thursday, January 17, 2008

Rachel from Peoria, IL

Rachel (age 31)
Peoria, IL

Hi Mary Ann,

My mother passed away July 21, 2000. When mom died, she smiled after her last breath. That was comforting. We don't know who she saw, but we hope is a great feeling of love she felt. I am her youngest daughter. She passed when I was 24.
We think we saw signs of her before her funeral. Her dog, Toby, barked at a shadow the day we were choosing her clothes for the funeral. When I went back to work (rather soon), I saw my mother's face wake me up and she said my name plain as day. One face was one that I remember from a picture, like she was 35 years old. The other was of my mom when she was healtier but older. She only woke me twice, once as my young mother, the other as the healthier older mom.

About a month ago, I was lost in the internet. Just surfing. And I felt something or someone poke me on my lower right side of my back. A tattoo to honor my mother is there. She saw it before she passed. Do you think she was saying hi? This was a serious poke right on the back. So, I said: Hi, mom. I love you.

Just curious!

Bless you for your gifts,

Rachel



Dear Rachel,

How lucky that you are to have so many recognized visits from your mom. So many people would love to have just one of these signs!

Her smile when she died shows me that she was very happy to see someone. Your mom would not have crossed over till after the final ceremony at the cemetery. It is very possible that you saw her before. Seeing your mom younger and healthy is another sign she is at peace.

Of course she was saying Hi, moms always come and visit, and they really do not miss too much. As long as you talk out loud she will hear you!

Your mom sounds like she is a real treasure!

Mary Ann

No comments: