Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christine- Lake Havasu City Arizona

My question:

Is it true that people who have committed suicide do

not get to go to the afterlife? So many times, in

certain religious environments, I have been told that

if a person is to end their own life they will not be

allowed in to the afterlife and will spend eternity as

a lost soul.


My father committed suicide at the age of 42 after

battling, for several years, a debilitating lung

disorder. (I was 15 at the time and am 35 now.) Upon

learning from the doctors that they would not be able

to "fix" him and that he would die an excrutiating

death he decided to end his own life.


I just want to know if it is possible that he could be

in the after life. He was a good person and he didn't

want himself or his family to have to go through the

pain of a prolonged horrible death.


This has been an issue that has plagued me for the

majority of my adult life. I have dreams of him

often, that he is near but does not want to see me or

talk to me and it is very upsetting and leads me to

believe that he may not be at peace. I told him at

one time to stop coming into my dreams if he would not

talk to me...I stopped having them for several years

but recently I am having them again.


I appreciate any insight you can provide.


Thank you,

Christine


Dear Christine,

I have good news for you. You did and are again having dreams of your father. He has passed over, he has gone to your belief of the afterlife..

If he had not crossed over you would not be able to have dreams of him. Earthbound ghosts can not come into dreams.

He may feel that you are unhappy with him for committing suicide That is why he would not converse with you. The next time you have a dream of him tell him how you feel about his death. You will be able to resolve this issue with patience and time.

Hope this answer brings you some relief.

Mary Ann.

1 comment:

Ibelieve2 said...

A girl I know committed suicide this past summer. She left behind her 12 year old daughter. Less than a month after she died, her daughter told her grandmother she saw her mother sitting on the couch in the living room. She didn't know what to do so she said nothing. Her grandmother told her to ask her mom how she's doing, if she saw her again. Several weeks later, she did see her again. She did ask how she was doing and she said OK. Her daughter asked her how she was and if she was in Heaven. Her mother said: "not at first, but now I am" I believe Christine's father is in heaven too.